The Newtown Budget Service Management Committee is advertising for a Service Manager.
We are looking for a dynamic new Service Manager to continue the great work done today, and develop Newtown Budgeting further.
The Newtown Budget and Advocacy Service is dedicated to providing appropriate, accessible, and free services to individuals and families experiencing financial hardship living in the Wellington area. We aim to build financial capability for all our clients working within the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Social Development:
The primary objectives of this role are to:
- Work constructively with the Management Committee including providing input, to formulate strategy and objectives for the organisation.
- Implement the strategic goals and direction of the organisation, as determined by the Management Committee.
- Provide leadership to the staff and volunteers of the service and maintain overall responsibility for resources, training and support to ensure a high level of service is delivered to our clients.
- Ensure all relative administrative duties are carried out in a timely manner including application and reporting to funders.
- To establish, maintain and foster positive relationships with funders, stakeholders and the wider Newtown community.
- To ensure the service’s operations and activities are conducted in an ethical, professional and appropriate manner, including regard to New Zealand’s diversity and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide Building Financial Capability services to clients in an approved and appropriate manner.
- Provide support and advice to other Financial Mentors to ensure services are delivered to a high standard.
- Ensure all Financial Mentors have adequate training and review.
- Ensure client records (both physical and electronic) are stored and maintained in an appropriate manner and in accordance with New Zealand privacy laws.
- Develop and implement education sessions on budgeting and financial literacy to groups in the community ensuring that the content is relevant to each group.
- Co-ordinate the day to day activities of the service including operational and staffing issues.
- Attend Management Committee meetings.
- Contribute to and implement the Management Committee’s strategy.
- Contribute to development of the annual budget including identification of opportunities for funding. Development and submission of grant funding applications.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Management Committee on operational and staffing needs, and progress against strategy.
- Ensure all policies, aims and objectives are communicated to staff and volunteers.
- Complete scheduled returns for the Ministry of Social Development and other funders.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with staff, volunteers, Management Committee, funders and the Newtown Community.
- Remain up to date with changes to legislation and information that may affect clients and ensure information is appropriately communicated to advisors/mentors.
- Manage media inquiries on budgeting matters.
Ideal Person, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Holds a current budget adviser/financial mentor qualification and can demonstrate an understanding of budgeting principles and practice
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- An ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of social service agencies, government departments, grant funding and the requirements and responsibilities of a not for profit organisation
- Demonstrates sound strategic planning skills to ensure the growth and development of the service
Please send a covering letter and CV to “Jo Tarleton, Management Committee Chair” to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no volunteer positions being advertised.